Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Byrom Park Inaugural Run Sunday, August 21st

I've gotten final word that Byrom Park will officially open Friday, August 19th! 

If you are interested, I'll be "hosting" an inaugural run out there Sunday, August 21st at 7a

There will be a map posted in the kiosk and there *should* be 8.5”x11” maps at the kiosk as well.  There will be a 5-6 mi loop and a couple of 1-2 mile long "dead ends" that should hopefully whet your appetite for what is to come.  We can run every bit of it and then if some of you would like to double the loop, I'd be game.  Expect a run (with climbing) of about 8-12 miles, though you could always triple the loop for 18-20 mile run.

As usual, you will be responsible for your hyrdation (Bring a handheld or two) and navigation (grab a map at the start).

I have put directions at the end of this email, and it should take about 45 minutes driving from Greenberry's if y'all would like to meet up at 6:10a there to carpool.  I'd love for someone to bring an accurate GPS as well so we can figure out how close we can get to SNP/AT. 

I hope you will be able to join me, and I'm looking forward to it!
-Mike

Directions to Byrom:
Byrom Forest Preserve Park
6610 Blackwells Hollow Road
Crozet, VA 22932
Directions from town (takes approximately 45 minutes):
1.       Follow Garth Road to the Piedmont Store
2.      Go around the curve to the right onto Rt. 810 (do not go straight up to Sugar Hollow)
3.      Follow Rt. 810 for 7.8 miles and parking area is on the left

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Mike! Sounds like a blast and sorry I will miss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picked up maps yesterday (hot off the press) and will post up next week!

    ReplyDelete